Număr de credite: 6
Predare: lucrare practică 3h
Limba de predare: engleză
Tip: lucrare practică, semestrul 2, Masteratul Comunicare, Societate şi Mass Media
profesor universitar doctor
Facultatea de Sociologie şi Asistenţă Socială
- Introduction: course description, evaluation, textbook, etc.
- An Introduction to Audience Research
- Audience Research in Advertising
- Audience Research in Programming
- Audience Research in Financial Analysis
- Audience Research in Social Policy
- The Audience Measurement Business
- Audience Research Methods
- Ratings Research Products
- Understanding Audience Behavior
- Audience Ratings: Analysis of Gross Measures
- Audience Ratings: Analysis of Cumulative Measures
- Research project report and presentation preparation
- Research project presentation
Webster, J. G., Phalen, P. F., & Lichty, L. W. (2006). Ratings Analysis: The Theory and Practice of Audience Research (3rd Edition). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Gunter, B. (2000). Media research methods: Measuring audiences, reactions and impact. London: Sage Publications.
Wimmer, R. D., & Dominick, J. R. (2014). Mass media research: An introduction. Boston, Mass: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
Quirk, R., Olver, M., Hammond, M. & Davies, C. 2008. The Guide to Researching Audiences. JISC
Quirk, R., Olver, M., Hammond, M. & Davies, C. 2008. The Guide to Researching Audiences: Case Studies.
Quirk, R., Olver, M., Hammond, M. & Davies, C. 2008. The Guide to Researching Audiences: Illustrative Case Study.
Metode de evaluare
- 50% – research presentation
- 50% – research project
Criterii de evaluare:
- audience research program presentation
- audience research project
- acquiring theoretical and practical knowledge about various audience measurement themes through the practical realization of a research report
- Identify and define the main concepts of audience research.
- Understand, interpret and use the main methods of audience research.
- Understand the role of technology in researching different types of audience research.
- Identify and use the main secondary data sources useful for audience research.
- Interpret secondary audience data and use the information obtained for decision-making.
- Understand the role of audience research in advertising, the format and type of media products, financial analysis and social policy decisions.
- Carry out a research report on a topic of choice among those specific to audience research