This master’s mission is to be an advanced, multidisciplinary professional program that provides high-quality education, training, research and consulting, with a focus on the needs of individuals and companies that provide social services, public organizations and NGOs, and local, national and international communities. Our values are quality, integrity, fairness, innovation and continuous development in all aspects of the master’s program.
The master’s program is aimed at higher education graduates in all fields.
The qualification “Management of social services” is specified in the current legislation on quality assurance in the field of social services. In order to be accredited, a public or private social service provider must demonstrate that they have qualified staff in the field of “Management of Social Services”.
The study program offers flexibility through optional course packages, for those pursuing or preparing to pursue a career in the management of social and social health services (social health and social education) in the public, non-governmental and independent sectors or for those who want to practice as freelancers in this field.
The exemplary professional profile of a graduate of the Master in Social Service Management:
Social Services Manager; Social Services Supervisor; Director of a public institution; Head of service in public institutions; Head of Social Reintegration and Surveillance Service; Advisor to public institutions; Leader of associations, branches and public organizations; Head of humanitarian organizations; Head of the political, public, humanitarian organization service; Program director; Project manager; Head of Service; Project manager; Project / program manager; Director, Deputy Director, Chief Inspector; Manager; Head of Human Resources; Human resources manager; Head of pension office; Head of Unemployment Office; Adviser/expert specialized inspector in public administration; Entrepreneur in social economy; Small business owner-employer in the provision of services; Specialist in organizational development; Social worker; Researcher in social work.
- acquiring a critical understanding of management theory and practice, of the manner in which they are combined in contemporary social and socio-medical services
- acquiring knowledge on the functioning of organizations and institutions and on the manner in which the manager influences the organizational / institutional processes
- re-examination of the values in the provision of social and socio-medical services and how they are applied in managerial roles
- mastering the principles of quality and efficient management in providing social and socio-medical services
- expanding the horizons of understanding social services and social health through comparative studies
Professional skills (example):
– design and management of social programs
– performance evaluation and quality assurance in social services
– analysis and evaluation of the functioning of organizations, institutions and communities
– innovative use of research methods in solving critical management problems
– applying knowledge, ethics and values in the practice of social work with groups, organizations and communities
– use of strategies and intervention skills with work groups, organizations and communities
– skills for evaluating results and completing the social work process with work groups, organizations and communities
– knowledge on the innovation process in social services
Transversal skills (example):
– personal and professional use of the self
– teamwork, collaboration and building social networks
Design and management of social programs Organizational-managerial theories Ethical leadership and management of public institutions and organizations Optional course 1 Optional course 2
Human resources management and supervision in social services Financial management in non-profit organization Strategic management of communication systems Optional course 3 Optional course 4
Strategic planning in organizations Organizational development and measurement of organizational performance Design, evaluation and advocacy of public policies Optional course 5 Optional course 6
Total quality management Macro practice of social work with organizations, institutions and communities. Supervised field education Assessment of macro practice, self-knowledge and professional development (in English) Macrosystem change and innovation in social services (in English) Dissertation research and structure
During the 4 semesters, a total of 6 optional general and specialized courses have to be chosen. These can be selected exclusively from those nominated in the curriculum (semesters 1-3) or three optional courses can be selected from any other master’s curriculum at Babeş-Bolyai University, depending on student’s requirements.