FACULTY OF SOCIOLOGY AND SOCIAL WORK
SOCIAL WORK DEPARTMENT
Call for papers
International Student Conference
“Psychosocial Research and Intervention in Contemporary Society – Youth Participation”
May 16-17, 2019 Cluj-Napoca,
Faculty of Sociology and Social Work, 21 Decembrie 1989 Street, no. 128
We invite you to participate in the International Conference “Psychosocial Research and Intervention in Contemporary Society – Youth Participation” organized by The Social Work Department – Babeş-Bolyai University and Student Laboratory for Psychosocial Research and Intervention (ASCIPS) in collaboration with The Association of Social Work Students (ASAS).
The conference will take place in May 16-17, 2019, at Faculty of Sociology and Social Work- BabeŞ-Bolyai University, 21 Decembrie 1989 Street, no. 128, Cluj-Napoca (entry on Anghel Saligny Street).
This international student conference is the seventh annual edition (from the second series; edition one in 2000 and edition two in 2001) and offers students the opportunity to assert their research skills and intervention outcomes, to promote their valuable research and intervention work and to obtain social recognition, including the chance to one of the prizes.
The conference is also an opportunity to meet in a pleasant atmosphere with invited academics, specialists and professionals recognized in the national and international universities, research institutes, social services and social policies units, and various neighboring fields, also students from other universities from Romania and universities from other countries.
During the two-day conference will be held session with student scientific papers presentations, structured on three levels:
- a) Undergraduate/licence level;
- b) Master level;
- c) PhD student level.
The program will feature also: keynote lectures, panel-debates with invited specialists and special workshops which will be determined and communicated in the coming period.
Application, registration and participation is free. For the participants from other universities/other countries and other cities the organizers will provide accommodation in the dorms of Hasdeu Student Campus and Universitas Hotel to the extent possible. The organizers will provide lunches and coffee breaks. Also on the evening of the first day, all participants are invited to dinner in a casual and relaxed atmosphere to Casa Maramureșeană Restaurant, 21 Decembrie 1989 Street, nr. 82.
The topic of this multi-disciplinary international conference covers all the sciences/ specializations involved in the area of psychosocial research and interventions: social assistance but also social pedagogy/psychopedagogy, social policy, sociology and anthropology, psychology, human resources, public health, political science, international relations, security and military sciences, communication sciences and public relations, historical, juridical, economical and philosophical approaches.
The scientific papers, presentations at this conference must include a segment of conceptual-theoretical research, which is the basis for an empirical research and, eventually, psychosocial intervention.
The types of accepted papers are:
- Scientific papers that are a result of the designing and implementing of research projects or/and research and psychosocial intervention projects;
- Scientific papers that are a result of participatory action-research activities, in the framework of participation to solve social problems, in to provide psychosocial services (eg professional practice plecement activities, internships, volunteering etc.)
- Scientific papers representing conceptual-theoretical researches/approaches of social problems, social pfenomena and processes, embodied with an exploratory empirical research concretized in pilot study or pilot study and psychosocial
The pilot studies or pilot studies and interventions may consist in case studies or case studies and psychosocial intervention/case management, in focus group or a set of individuals interviews and observation. Research/study and psychosocial intervention may consist including participatory design of projects, services, programs and policies.
It is required that student papers have a coordinator, a supervisor who is a university teacher and/ or specialist with expertise in this field from other institutions. We encourage participation with papers focusing on an international comparative perspective.
Application and abstract submission: March 10 till May 10, 2019. Authors are required to apply by sending the abstract of the presentation (250-300 words, Times New Roman, Font size: 12 , Spacing: 1,5). The abstract, in english language, should have the following structure:
– author(s), level of study, affiliation, title of paper, scientific supervisor(s)/coordinator;
– short presentation of the topic disscussed;
– the aim of the paper, objectives of the scientific research and, eventually, psychosocial intervention;
– methodology of research and, eventually, psychosocial intervention and description of the research and, eventually, psychosocial intervention;
– synthetic presentation of the obtained results;
– conclusions and applied recommendations in the fields of policies and services.
Only two-three of the most important bibliographical references may be indicated, eventually, in the abstract, by author, title and year of publication.
Abstracts must be submitted by email to: Dr. Eugen Baican, president of the Scientific Committee and Organization Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and student Cristina Golgotiu, president of ASCIPS at email@example.com. Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee from Faculty of Sociology and Social Work – Babeş-Bolyai University and applicants will be informed, in few days after receiving abstracts, but not late than 13 of May for the latest, about their acceptance.
The Scientific Committee of the conference:
- dr. Eugen Baican, Department of Social Work, Babeş-Bolyai University
- dr. Cristina Baciu, Department of Social Work, Babeş-Bolyai University
- dr. Gert de Haan, ERANID-EU Netherlands,
- dr. Teodor-Paul Haragus, Department of Social Work, Babeş-Bolyai University
- dr. Sorina Poledna, Department of Social Work, Babeş-Bolyai University
- dr. Siwert Meijer, Department of Social Sciences, Avans University, Netherlands
- dr. Manuel Lebek, Department of Social Work, Fulda University, Germany.
The program sections will be communicated by email to all participants and posted on the event website ( will be on www.socasis.ubbcluj.ro) in the days immediately following the end of the registration. The abstracts of the accepted paper will be printed in the Conference Proceedings volume and will be distributed to all participants.
The languages of the conference is English (and Romanian). The conference will be organized in thematic sessions with presentations of 15 minutes each and will allow time for discussions.
Full paper in printed form will be handed to the chairs of session/jury before the presentation. The papers/presentations will be assessed in every session by panels of academics and representatives of ASCIPS which will be announced in advance.
The best 9 papers presented (3 from each study level) will be awarded. Prizes consist of books, restaurant vouchers, tickets to theater and music events.
All participants will receive a participation certificate and, possibly, diploma award.
Organising Committee and Contact Persons:
Project coordinator: Dr. Eugen Baican, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
President ASCIPS: student Cristina Golgotiu, e-mail: email@example.com
President ASAS: student Roxana Roznicsuk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org